Driving Solution – Terms and Conditions
- You – means the person who is doing the Intensive driving course or driving lessons
- We /Us/ Our – means Driving Solution
- ADI – means approved driving instructors
- DVSA – means Driving and Vehicle Standard Agency
2. The requirements to take driving lessons / an Intensive driving course:
- You must hold a valid UK provisional driving licence and present it to the driving instructor on your first driving lesson and to the DVSA driving examiner on the test date otherwise your driving test will not go ahead and you will loose your fees.
- If you hold the old type paper licence, you must have a valid passport and present it to the driving Instructors on your first lesson and the DVSA examiner on your driving test date.
- You must be able to pass an eyesight test at a distance of 20.5 metres (67ft)
- Before you start your Intensive course you must have passed your car theory test which must still be valid
- You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during the course, if any signs of this are discovered, the remainder of the course will be terminated, and you will lose all the fees.
- You must demonstrate good learning and listening abilities, if you refuse our driving instructor’s instructions and put them or the public at high risk we have the right to terminate your intensive course or driving lessons without a refund.
- You must attend your driving lessons at the agreed time, failure to do so will result in you losing the time and the Driving Solution ADI is under no obligation to add the extra time at the end of the lesson.
3. Intensive driving courses
- When you complete the Intensive driving course application form on our website you are giving us your permission to book and manage the driving test on your behalf, using your driving licence details.
- The driving test will be booked through our business booking system we have with DVSA, if you make any changes to the test we already booked, you must agree with us beforehand, failure to do so will forfeit your deposit and may lead to cancelling your Intensive driving course.
- Before you start your Intensive course, you must have passed your car theory test which must still be valid.
- The Intensive driving course with an assessment lesson, we agreed will be fulfilled with the driving test at the end of the course. If you don’t need the total hours of the Intensive course, we will refund the hours that have not been used at the standard hourly rate.
- All Intensive driving course prices include one driving test at the end of the course.
- We will do our utmost to acquire the earliest driving test date from DVSA if requested, but there is no guarantee.
- If you decide to do extra lessons, we will charge at the standard hourly rate.
4. Intensive course booked without assessment lesson
- Before signing up for your Intensive course without an assessment lesson, we strongly advise that you meet the criteria for the course you are signing up for. (see details of each course)
- b. If our instructor does not think that you will be ready for the driving test with the Intensive course you have chosen without an assessment driving lesson, you will be given a choice to do more driving lessons or change to another test date pending the instructor’s availability.
- Additional lessons will be charged at the standard hourly rate.
- Any unused lessons will be refunded at the standard hourly rate.
- If you decide to do an Intensive course without the assessment lesson, and you have not reached the required standard to take the driving test, our driving instructor has the right to refuse to take you to the driving test, and you will forfeit your deposit.
- Off-peak hours – Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Peak hours Monday – Friday 5pm to 8pm – Sat 8am – 4pm
- Pay-as-you-go lessons must be paid for each lesson.
- Block booking lessons must be paid for in advance.
- Intensive course deposit must be paid on application.
- The remaining balance of the Intensive course must be paid one week before the start of your first intensive driving lesson.
6. Cancellation and refund
- All cancellations and changes of dates/times of the pre-booked driving lessons require a 48-hour notice, otherwise, it will be charged.
- Intensive course deposit is refundable if the Intensive course includes the driving test, we have arranged for the course is cancelled before the Intensive course starts with a minimum of 10 working days’ notice in conjunction with 6c below
- If the Intensive course is cancelled within 26 weeks from the application date 95% deposit will be refunded. If the Intensive course is cancelled after 26 weeks and before 52 weeks of the application date, then a £50 administration will be deducted from the deposit. If the Intensive course is cancelled after 52 weeks from the application date the deposit is non-refundable, all in conjunction with 6b above.
- Any unused lessons for the Intensive course will be refunded at the standard hourly rate.
- Refund for block booking driving lessons will be refunded at a discounted rate.
- If the driving instructor feels intimidated, by any physical or verbal abuse, aggression or bullying, they have the right to terminate the driving lessons and cancel all other driving lessons without any refund.
- The contract for our services is between you and the ADI. Each ADI operates its own driving school business under our franchise. Any financial transactions are made directly between you, and the ADI. Any refund or reimbursement must be claimed from the ADI. Our booking office is a separate entity that has been authorized to act as a booking agent for the ADI franchisee network.
7. Driving test booking & conduct of the driving test
- When you submit an application form for an Intensive course or driving test booking, you give us permission to share your data with DVSA to book a driving test on your behalf.
- For any driving test we book on your behalf, we will charge an administration fee (see booking form for details)
- All intensive driving tests will be booked according to DVSA availability between Monday – Friday 8am – 3.19pm, other days and times may apply.
- If the DVSA cancel your driving test due to unforeseen circumstances or the examiner being unwell or adverse weather conditions, we cannot be held responsible. We will charge you for any additional hour(s) to cover the driving test.
- We will help you with, short notice out-of-pocket expense claims from DVSA if applicable.
- The results of the driving test are solely determined by the DVSA appointed examiner. We cannot be held responsible for the unsuccessful result of the driving test, any complaints about the conduct of the driving test must be made to DVSA following their complaints procedure
- If our vehicle breaks down during the test, we cannot be held responsible, as any mechanical breakdowns are beyond our control.
9. Complaint Procedure
- If you have any concerns or complaints, these should be placed in writing by email.
- If you have a complaint regarding your Instructor, you should in the first instance discuss any issues that you have with your Instructor. If the Instructor is unable to resolve any dispute or matter of dissatisfaction, then in the second instance your complaint may be escalated by placing the complaint in writing by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A member of our team will respond to your written email complaint within 10 working days.