Driving Solution – Terms and Conditions
- You – means the person who is doing the Intensive driving course or driving lessons
- We / Our – means Driving Solution
- ADI – means approved driving instructors
- DVSA – means Driving and Vehicle Standard Agency
2. Your Obligations:
- You must hold a valid UK provisional driving licence and present it to the driving instructor on your first lesson and the DVSA examiner on the test date.
- If you hold the old type paper licence, you must have a valid passport and present it to the driving Instructors on your first lesson and the DVSA examiner on your driving test date.
- You must be able to pass an eyesight test at a distance of 20.5 metres (67ft)
- Before you start your Intensive course you must have passed your car theory test which must still be valid
- You must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at any time during the course, if any signs of this are discovered, the remainder of the course will be terminated, and you will lose all the fees.
- You must demonstrate good learning and listening abilities, if you refuse our driving instructor’s instructions and put them or the public at high risk we have the right to terminate your intensive course or driving lessons without a refund.
- You must attend your driving lessons at the agreed time, failure to do so will result in you losing the time and the Driving Solution ADI is under no obligation to add the extra time at the end of the lesson.
- Any cancellations or time changes of driving lessons must be agreed upon with the driving instructor with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice.
3. Intensive course.
- The course we agree at the assessment lesson will be fulfilled with the driving test at the end of the course. If you don’t need the total course, we will refund the hours that have not been used
- All Intensive course prices include a driving test at the end of the course.
- We will do our utmost to acquire the earliest driving test date from DVSA if requested, but there is no guarantee.
- If you decide to do extra lessons, we will charge at the standard rate.
- Intensive driving courses only include a one-weekday driving test.
4. Intensive course without assessment lesson
- Before signing up for your Intensive course without an assessment lesson, we strongly advise that you meet the criteria for the course you are signing up for. (see details of each course)
- If our Instructor doesn’t think that you will be ready for the driving test with the Intensive course you have chosen without an assessment lesson, you will be given a choice to do more lessons or change to another test date pending on instructor’s availability.
- Additional lessons will be charged at the standard rate.
- Any unused lessons will be refunded at the standard rate.
- If you decide to do an Intensive course without the assessment lesson, and you have not reached the required standard to take the driving test, our driving instructor has the right to refuse to take you to the driving test, and you will forfeit your deposit.
- Off-peak hours – Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Peak hours Monday – Friday 5pm to 8pm – Sat 8am – 4pm
- Pay as you go lesson must be paid on each lesson.
- Block booking lessons must be paid for in advance.
- Intensive course deposit must be paid on application.
- The remaining balance of the Intensive course can be paid any time, before the start of your first lesson.
- Saturday driving test booking will be charged £13 extra (pending availability)
6. Cancellation and refund (reimbursement)
- All cancellations and changes of dates/times of booked driving lessons require a 48-hour notice, otherwise, it will be chargeable.
- Intensive course deposits are only refundable if the Intensive course is cancelled before the course starts with a minimum of 10 official working days’ notice.
- Any unused lessons for the Intensive course will be refunded at the hourly rate.
- Refund for block booking driving lessons will be refunded at a discounted rate.
- If the driving instructor feels intimidated, by any physical or verbal abuse, aggression or bullying, they have the right to terminate the driving lessons and cancel all other driving lessons without any refund.
- The contract for our services is between you and the ADI. Each ADI operates their own driving school business under our franchise. Any financial transactions are made directly between you, and the ADI. Any refund or reimbursement must be claimed from the ADI. Our booking office is a separate entity that has been authorized to act as a booking agent for the ADI franchisee network.
- All intensive driving tests will be booked according to DVSA availability between Monday – Friday 8am – 3.19pm.
- If the DVSA cancel your driving test due to unforeseen circumstances or the examiner being unwell or adverse weather conditions, we cannot be held responsible. We will charge you for any additional hour(s) to cover the driving test.
- We will help you with short notice out-of-pocket expense claims from DVSA if applicable.
- If our vehicle breaks down during the test, we cannot be held responsible, as any mechanical breakdowns are beyond our control.